www.alheitvineyards.co.za (the “website”) is the online platform of Alheit Vineyards cc (the “producer”) with an e-commerce wine shop for the sole purpose of selling and distributing their own products to their clientele either residing in South Africa or with a valid physical address within the borders of South Africa.
Legal age and capacity
The age at which wines may be sold and delivered to persons is legislated in each country. In the Republic of South Africa, United Kingdom and the European Union wines may be sold and delivered only to persons who are at least 18 years of age. By ordering from the Website, you affirm that you are at least of the applicable legal age and that the person to whom your wine will be delivered is also of applicable legal age. When the wines are delivered, the person receiving delivery may be required to show identification proving that he or she is of applicable legal age.
Intellectual Property Rights
All the content on the Website, including text, graphics, logos, icons, designs, colours, layout, and trademarks are the intellectual property of Alheit Vineyards cc and its associates or licensed to Alheit Vineyards cc and as such protected by South African and International Intellectual Property Law.
We shall take reasonable steps to protect your personal information. For the purposes of this policy “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000. We may electronically collect, store, and use personal information with your consent (if you do not consent to this, please do not access, or register on the website).
This personal information might include, but is not limited to, the following:
- name and surname;
- age and/ or birthday;
- verification that you are of legal age;
- address and contact details including your
- email address;
- phone number/s;
- country of residence;
- area or postal code;
- personal preferences if provided;
- browsing history;
- purchase history;
- non-personal browsing habits and click patterns;
- IP address.
We collect, store, and use the personal information described to (but not limited to) the following:
- enable you to create a personal profile on this website;
- enable you to make use of this website in the manner described on this website, from time to time;
- enable us to make relevant wine recommendations on a personalised basis;
- communicate information to you regularly, for example through newsletters;
- compile and maintain the website and client database;
- register and/or authenticate users of and/or visitors to the website;
- identify and take reasonable measures to prevent fraudulent uses of or access to the website;
- compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click patterns and access to the website;
- track client database size and growth; and
The personal information is collected either electronically (for example, using cookies) or is provided voluntarily by users of and/or visitors to the website. You may determine cookie use independently through your web browser settings. You may request details of your personal information which we collect, store and use. If your personal information is inaccurately or incompletely reflected in our database, you agree that it is your responsibility to notify us of this fact and to supply us with the accurate or complete information to enable us to address your concerns. Personal information collected from you may be deleted from the website and member databases when your account on the website is terminated for any reason. We will never share, disclose, or sell the personal information unless we are required to do so by law.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. ALTHOUGH WE TAKE STEPS TO VERIFY INFORMATION PRESENTED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE, WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR ENDORSE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT, RECOMMENDATION OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED IN, DISPLAYED ON, LINKED TO OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT OTHER USERS MAY PUBLISH TO THE WEBSITE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY RELIANCE UPON ANY SUCH OPINION, ADVICE, STATEMENT, OR INFORMATION SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, TO CORRECT ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS ON THE WEBSITE WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
WHILST WE TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS IN OUR OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE, YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER WE OR ALHEIT VINEYARDS’ ASSOCIATES SHALL BE LIABLE IN RESPECT OF ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR DAMAGES HOWEVER ARISING AND WHATEVER THE CAUSE, IN PARTICULAR PURSUANT TO AND IN FURTHERANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE OR FROM YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE. WE WILL USE REASONABLE ENDEAVOURS TO MAKE THE WEBSITE AVAILABLE TO YOU AND KEEP THE WEBSITE AVAILABLE TO YOU AT ALL TIMES. HOWEVER, YOU AGREE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN RESPECT OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY OR ARISING FROM THE UNAVAILABILITY OF, ANY INTERRUPTION IN, YOUR ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE (EITHER IN PART OR AS A WHOLE) FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER.
- Prices valid while stocks last.
- Vintages subject to differ between offers.
- Alcohol not for sale to persons under the age of 18.
- Delivered nationwide strictly within the borders of South Africa only.
- We reserve the right to limit quantities. No traders. VAT included.
If you are of the view that your rights have been infringed through the unlawful use of the Website in any way whatsoever, you may address a complaint to us which satisfies the following requirements and/or contains the following information:
- the full names and address of the complainant;
- the written or electronic signature of the complainant;
- identification of the right that has allegedly been infringed;
- identification of the material or activity that is claimed to be the subject of unlawful activity;
- the remedial action required to be taken by the service provider in respect of the complaint;
- telephonic and electronic contact details, if any, of the complainant;
- a statement that the complainant is acting in good faith;
- a statement by the complainant that the information provided is to his or her knowledge true and correct.
Please address your notifications to:
Office Administrator Email: email@example.com
We will investigate the complaint on receipt of a complete and properly formulated complaint notice and will take appropriate action where necessary. Such action may include, but is not limited to, removing the offending content from the Website and/or suspension or termination of the offending registrant or third party.
Dealings With Third Parties
The website is created, maintained, and controlled in the Republic of South Africa and as such the laws of the Republic of South Africa and the jurisdiction of the South African Court govern this user agreement and the use or inability to use the Website.
Change to User Agreement
Alheit Vineyards cc reserves the right to make changes to the Website and this user agreement at any time without notice.
Disclosures required by the ECT Act.
In as far as transactions on the Website are classified as “electronic transactions” in terms of the ECT Act, we disclose the following information in terms of Chapter VII of the ECT Act:
Our full name and legal status
Alheit Vineyards cc, a closed corporation under the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Registration number: 2011/004605/23
Hemelrand Farm, R320, Hemel-en-Aarde Vally, Hermanus, Western Cape, South Africa
PO Box 711, Hermanus, 7200 Physical address for receipt of legal service Hemelrand Farm, R320, Hemel-en-Aarde Valley, Hermanus, Western Cape, South Africa